We love FL studio!
Fl studio is the software most beginners start their music making education with and i am one of them. It is one of the best software to make music on the computers.
There is not a single music making feature it does not comes with. It is not as expensive as many other music making programs and does the job nicely.
- Audio editing capabilities
- Sampling tools out of the box
- Virtual Instruments all types and range of sounds
- Additional Samples
- Easy to use and a good design
- User friendly
- Slightly weak on the audio editing and recording part. It would be great if the audio can recorded directly into the playlist like other audio recording apps.
List of DAWS
- Energy XT - is one of the best cheap MIDI capable DAW.
- Fl studio - started out as a simple drum machine and evolved into a complete monstor for music production. Can do everything right from MIDI to Audio. But it is mainly geared towards MIDI so if you do a lot of audio recording then look elsewhere. It is a better option that Reason because it can do audio stuff nicely.
- Logic pro - one stop solution, very expensive does everything related to music production under the sun.
- Adobe audition - one of the lesser used DAWs out there, MIDI support is minimal. Good for creating loops and podcasting type of stuff. Not so great for other things.
- Reaper a small and robust DAW that can do everything but does not comes with lots of samples or presets. Is comparatively cheaper and bang for the buck.
- Ardour is developed by School of Audio Engineering as an open source DAW to rival pro-tools. It is still in developmental stages and has to go a long way.