Reaper Vs the world
People love reaper for two main reasons
1. Very low Price Product
2. Compact design - Increased usability!
It is one of the best audio recording DAWs out there that can do MIDI stuff too! Reaper is not like the bloated softwares available in the market but its very small and efficient program that's not a memory hog and would rarely hang your computer.
The bes part? It can do almost everything that a DAW costing $1000 does and costs only $40.
So if you are into audio recording and do little bit of midi here and there, Go and get Reaper and reap its benefits.
- Energy XT - is one of the best cheap MIDI capable DAW.
- Fl studio - started out as a simple drum machine and evolved into a complete monstor for music production. Can do everything right from MIDI to Audio. But it is mainly geared towards MIDI so if you do a lot of audio recording then look elsewhere. It is a better option that Reason because it can do audio stuff nicely.
- Logic pro - one stop solution, very expensive does everything related to music production under the sun.
- Adobe audition - one of the lesser used DAWs out there, MIDI support is minimal. Good for creating loops and podcasting type of stuff. Not so great for other things.
- Reaper a small and robust DAW that can do everything but does not comes with lots of samples or presets. Is comparatively cheaper and bang for the buck.
- Ardour is developed by School of Audio Engineering as an open source DAW to rival pro-tools. It is still in developmental stages and has to go a long way.